about the studio
Much of my work is created in small runs, are limited editions or are one-of-a-kind original pieces. Most of the goods are made in-house but when additional skills are needed I call on a number of very clever friends whose artisan studios are all within a small radius of my home. The launch of new artwork or goods will always be shared with my mailing list first and soon after on my instagram feed @jo.olive.artist. If you have seen something on IG that catches your eye, please contact me for availability (it may still be in the studio!). From time to time I attend market events or host workshops. The mailing list is the best place to find out when these things are happening in your neck of the woods.
Although I don't accept commissions as a rule, I'm more than happy to chat ideas and possibilities, so please don't hesitate to get in touch. If you have an interesting idea for a collaboration or exhibition, I'd love to hear about it.
payments, shipping & refunds
- Paypal and all major credit cards are accepted.
- Credit card payments can be made via Paypal without having a Paypal account.
If ordering a limited edition print, please allow 1 week for the printing of your artwork PLUS add the shipping times below for an estimate of delivery time.
All orders will receive a courtesy email to notify you of your item shipping date and estimates time of delivery.
- DOMESTIC SHIPPING: Shipping within Australia is FREE. All orders are shipped with Australia Post Regular Shipping. There is NO TRACKING available with this standard option.
- INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: International Shipping is offered for a flat fee of $20.00AUD
- INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMS: International customers are responsible for any costs that occur due to customs regulations at various international destinations. Jo Olive Studio is in no way responsible for these charges.
- SHIPPING UPGRADES: Shipping upgrades including; registration, tracking and express options are available for all Australian and International customers. Please Visit Shipping Upgrades in the store to view all available options. For all other shipping requests, please contact me directly.
- All goods are packaged securely in sturdy flat mailers and heavy duty tubes.
- When necessary, some goods e.g. large rolled prints & flat paper goods may need to be packaged and shipped separately.
- As I live remotely, orders are dispatched each Monday, Wednesday, Friday. If you need an item express shipped on the SAME working day as your order please contact me directly.Orders will need to be placed by 12pm (on a working day) to ensure same day express shipping.
- Regular letter 1 - 6 working days
- Parcel 1 – 6 working days
- Express Post 1 – 2 working days
- Letters & Parcels Air Mail 3 – 10+ working days (excludes any time in customs and delays outside of Aust Post control)
- Letters & Parcels Standard Mail with tracking 6+ business days (excludes any time in customs and delays outside of Aust Post control)
- Letters & Parcels Express Mail 2-4 working days (excludes any time in customs and delays outside of Aust Post control)
Please note: Please allow up to two weeks for domestic mail and 3 weeks for international mail delivery at exceptionally busy times of the year such as Christmas, New Year & Easter.
I offer a full refund if you are unhappy with the quality of your purchased items. All refunds are subject to the the following terms:
- refunds will be honoured up to 14 days from the date of shipping.
- refunds will be honoured once all items have been returned in original condition.
- returned items will be posted at the customers expense.
- refunds cannot be honoured if items have been damaged during postage.
- Exchanges can be negotiated on a case-by-case basis.
Have more questions about payments, shipping or refunds? Please contact the studio here.
printing & framing
What is a giclee print?
Giclee prints are also known as pigment prints. They are high quality fine art prints that use pigment inks combined with high quality archival papers to produce reproductions with an exceptional gallery standard finish and superior longevity. I work with professional printers who scan, size and print my work with care. Their experience ensures that my work is faithfully reproduced and will last a lifetime if properly stored and displayed. With suitable treatment, giclee prints will last up to and beyond 250years.
What paper stocks are used when printing?
I use a 100% smooth cotton rag stock for my giclee prints. At 310gsm it is a heavy weighted paper without being too rigid. Cotton rag fibres are sourced from remnant waste from the textile industry, they are long and strong and create a paper of great durability. This stock has a clean white tone without being cold or stark.
What print sizes are available?
- All print sizes can be found in centimetres and inches on each print listing.
- Please be sure to check sizes in detail as each work is offered at slightly different dimensions. This is due to the size of each original artwork.
- If buying multiple works to hang together - please check sizes first to confirm their suitability as a pair or grouping.
- Print sizes refer to the "image size", please note that there is a white border of approximately 30mm around each work to cater for a variety of framing options and signing of prints.
Do you offer framing?
Framing is such a subjective beast! So I highly recommend taking your print or artwork to a professional for custom framing. Unless specified, each print is of varying size, so off the shelf framing may not work in this instance.
Have more questions about printing or framing? Please contact the studio here.